There is a significant gap between coming up with a great idea and putting it into action. Once you turn your idea into a business, the next thing you have to do is make it known through marketing. Marketing is the key to making your business successful. You can sell a great product or offer an excellent service, but you cannot broaden your customer reach without an effective marketing strategy. Thus, you have to put more effort into creating a marketing strategy so that people can learn about your business.
Create Social Media Pages
There is no doubt that social media advertisement is leading the game when it comes to digital marketing. If you do not jump on the bandwagon, you will be left behind. Why should you use social media for business? It is simply because you have to know your customers. In the digital age, you can easily find your target customers on social media. Social media platforms engage users with their distinct features, and they deliver the same result to businesses—more engagement. With more engagement comes more popularity and more sales.
- Facebook: As of August 2, 2021, there are already 2.85 billion Facebook users worldwide. So leveraging Facebook to reach customers is a good strategy. Although you can also expand your business organically, Facebook also offers ads tailored to your specific goals, from driving traffic to sending people to your website or finding new leads for your business. They also have a feature called Ads Manager, where you can create and manage your ads on Facebook. With this feature, you can optimize lead generation, conversions, and brand awareness. You can also reach customers outside Facebook since ads are scalable across social media. Thus, they can see your ads even though they are on Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network.
- Instagram: Instagram is a visual platform that you can use to start or further engagement. Through this, you can communicate your vision, your company culture, and the satisfaction of your repeat customers. Plus, you get to boost your sales with constant updates and special promotions. Take advantage of the Instagram Stories feature, where you can run flash sales or offer discounts. You can also engage your followers by encouraging them to take pictures or create a post following your set standards for a prize. Plus, you get to interact with more like-minded people and expand your social network. You can also find influencers willing to share your brand with their audience.
- TikTok: What used to be a platform of short, fun videos is now seen as something that can be a powerful tool for marketing. With about 1.1 billion active global users in early 2021, you can reach more people with 15-second videos. Your team must develop a catchy and entertaining clip so that other TikTok users will pick up and even do their own versions. The age range of active TikTok users is 13 to 24, so if your target market focuses on the younger generation, this is the way to go. Also, you can build brand awareness if you provide information on a valuable topic.
Build a Website
You might ask why you should spend a hefty sum building a website if you already have social media presence. The answer is simple; it is to establish your credibility. Everyone can practically create their social media pages and say that they are a brand, but legitimate companies that mean business build their websites. Of course, linking your website to your social media pages is still ideal. Although 92% of your leads will not instantly be converted into paying customers, a website is still a great way to publish more content that will build customer trust.
TV and Radio Advertising
- TV Advertising: People may assume that TV advertisements are no longer effective since most people’s eyes are now glued to their smartphones. But there are other ways to view this. When people see your brand, they can look it up online and know more about it. There are also TV ads that a viewer can take into social media and pique other social media users’ interests.
- Radio Advertising: Some people think that radio advertising is becoming outdated due to the reign of digital advertisements. Nielsen Media Research, published by the Radio Advertising Bureau, shows that 83% of Americans ages 12 or older still listen to terrestrial radio on any day of the week. Radio advertising targets individuals who have limited internet or television access. Moreover, radio advertising can be done with a limited budget. You don’t need to hire many advertisers, and you can produce ads within a short period.
Marketing a product is the nitty-gritty task of a company since it is directly related to sales. If you don’t know how to market a product, you will waste time, money, and effort. Go with the tide using digital marketing, but don’t take traditional marketing out of the equation.