Understanding Organic Products

Share:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on tumblr
Share on pinterest

The sad truth is that organic products are still not widely used by public consumers. This is perhaps because there are still plenty of things that ordinary consumers should know about products like these. To help with that, we dedicated this article to come up with different reminders that surround organic product use and manufacturing.

Safety Tips

You always have to remember that as much as organic products are extremely beneficial, there is also a downside. That’s why in using, or if you plan on making natural products, you need to remember the following safety methods.

Safe Rinsing

There are some organic products that you need to rinse or mix with water to use properly. Don’t use tap water, as this often includes lots of contaminants that ruin the product’s organic composition. Use distilled water instead, or if there’s none available, boil the tap water for at least fifteen minutes before use.

Check for Water Content

The best organic products are those with little to no water content, which means that the lifespan is guaranteed to be extremely long. On the other hand, having too much water used on natural products sometimes leads to the development of bad organisms for your body. This type of organic product is only intended for short-term use.

Proper Testing

To ensure that the organic product is not harmful to you or the surface you’re using it on, be sure to conduct a spot test. Instead of applying it generously over the area you intend to use it on, choose a specific spot, apply a little amount of the product first, and then observe what happens. This will give you an idea if the product works to the best of your interests.

Refrain from Mixing Natural Ingredients

Always remember that some natural ingredients are not meant to be mixed. Despite the assurance that these products are safe to use, combining two single-ingredient natural products might prove otherwise. If you really need to mix two organic products, conduct a little research as to how the ingredients react with one another.

Look for the USDA Seal

If you want a product that’s guaranteed to be safe and organic, make sure that you look for the USDA Seal. Any product that carries this seal also carries the fact that it has undergone a series of testing to ensure that no prohibited substances that are harmful to you are included in the ingredients. If you made an organic product and plan to sell it, make sure that you have it approved by the USDA. Once you have approval, look for manufacturing services for private labels to mass-produce your product and grow your business.

Organic Product Labels and What They Mean

business owner

You might see the organic label in lots of different products, but sometimes, it doesn’t always translate to exactly what you’re looking for. There are many variations when we say a product is organic, and we’ll discuss each of them below to give you a better idea. Just remember that the most important part is to see the USDA Organic Seal on the cover.

100% Organic

This label is probably the hardest type of organic product that you could ever achieve. 100% organic means that the entire process, from the ingredients and the technique used, is purely organic. No harmful substance such as pesticide or animal cruelty is involved. This also guarantees that nationally prohibited substances will not be found in the product.

Organic

An organic product does not necessarily mean that the entire manufacturing, from the process to the ingredients used, is purely organic. If you see the label organic on the front cover, this means that it is at least 95% organic, with the remaining 5% being made from non-organic but also non-GMO or genetically modified organisms. This type of product can still use the USDA Organic Seal.

Made with Organic Ingredients

Anything below 95% organic but still uses naturally made components can identify as a product made with organic ingredients, as long as that percentage does not fall below 70%. Even though products such as these still use a huge fraction of organic ingredients, they cannot use the USDA Organic Seal.

Other Products

Despite using genetically modified organisms, some products still use the term organic to identify some of their ingredients. Obviously, they cannot carry the USDA Organic Seal as the organic ingredient percentage, despite claiming some of them to be organic, falls below 70%.

If you want to lead a healthier lifestyle or start your business by selling organic products, make sure that you understand everything you need to know about it. You need to gain your consumers’ trust to be successful, and knowing what organic really means is essential.

Scroll to Top